Updates for MO families on the third day of the COVID-19 health-related closure:
- Please go to tinyurl.com/MOhealthplan and view the Health-Related Closure Plan that contains vital information about home instruction assignments, WiFi access, free and reduced meal pick-up, and continuity of District operations.
- Please see Governor’s Murphy’s message regarding aggressive social distancing.
- Please read the linked letter from Mount Olive Township. One of the confirmed COVID19 cases in Mount Olive is an employee of MOTSD who works at MOMS. The Mount Olive Health Department will be reaching out to individuals who had close contact with the diagnosed employee. We are working very closely with Mayor Greenbaum, MO Township Administrator Tatarenko, and the MO Health Department to ensure our MOTSD families are as healthy and safe as possible. Contact the MO Dept of Health COVID-19 hotline at (862) 419-4300 with any suspected cases.
- The MOTSD IT, Security, and B&G teams, as well as, Sodexo food service did an amazing job this morning distributing 300 Chromebooks and 150 meals to MO families.
- With the exception of MOMS, all MOTSD buildings, fields, and grounds are closed to all staff, students, and community members.
- All registered MOTSD students who qualify for free and/or reduced lunch can pick up boxed breakfasts and lunches Monday-Friday during the health-related closure at Mount Olive Middle School from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- The PowerSchool parent portal has been disabled. Parents in grades 6-12 should refer to Google Classroom for student assignments. See: Parents Guide to Google Classroom
- Highlights from home instruction:
Full slate of Google Meetings on tap for today with my classes. Gives me a chance to check in, answer any questions regarding their assignments and most importantly to make sure they are doing well during these unprecedented times. @KevinRStansber1 @ZywickiR @MOHSPrincipal pic.twitter.com/dY3LP5K1PQ— MOHS-Marauder Innovation Learning Lab (@mohs_lab) March 18, 2020
I’m so proud of hard work that’s been pouring in since Mon! My Ss are putting so much in to all they’re doing! Keep it up! #choiceboardsforthewin #missthem #ONEMO #MOPROUD #2ndGradeProud @MtView07836 @melandyk @JOlsyn1109 @MountOliveTSD @ZywickiR @mrobinson322 @LisaSchleer pic.twitter.com/bqkRsMIZ9D— Corinne Sylvester (@SecondwMissS) March 18, 2020
Mountain View Parents: Teachers attached a video link to their classrooms for Morning Announcements. This will be there by 9am each morning for students to watch and participate! Thank you to @MVSCounseling and the Kindness Ambassadors! @MountOliveTSD @ZywickiR pic.twitter.com/B1DMFLahYb— Mountain View School (@MtView07836) March 18, 2020
Shout out to Hannah, who had so much fun learning through this science activity, she is bringing the materials to school when we return so she can share the experiment with the class! @MOSandshore @Jen1Curry @ZywickiR @kristymc24 @MountOliveTSD pic.twitter.com/j2lbhtgepk— mightyrockets2020 (@mightyrockets21) March 18, 2020