Monday, April 27, 2020

4/27 COVI19 Update

Updates for MO families on the twenty-fourth day of the COVID-19 health-related closure:
  • I will be hosting a Parent University via Facebook Live on Today at 4 p.m.
  • Chromebook pickup (for families who completed the online request form) will occur at Sandshore Elementary School on the following days:  Last Names (A-M) MONDAY, April 27, 2020 from 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM. Last Names (N-Z) WEDNESDAY, April 29, 2020 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM.  Extra Distribution Day FRIDAY, May 1, 2020 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM.
  • This week, we secured a process for families to receive a 75% refund via post-payment trip insurance for the MOMS Washington, D.C. trip. We are also presently negotiating with the travel company to recoup the remaining 25% for a 100% total refund. This process has been slowed and complicated because the firm is under non-essential business operation restriction. That being said, we should have a final procedure for these refunds in place by the middle of next week. Thank you for your patience during this process.
  • Click for important information about 3rd and 4th marking period grading for MOMS and MOHS.
  • Based on the directive of Governor Murphy, all MOTSD schools are operating under a health-related closure until at least 5/15. Therefore, home instruction will be continue as per the MOTSD Health-Related Closure Plan (tinyurl.com/MOhealthplan)
  • I met with the senior class officers yesterday morning and we will be releasing contingency plans for end of year events on Monday 4/27.
  • Click for Parents Guide to Google Classroom and Google Hangouts
  • Click for MOHS Digital Learning Guide
  • Click for MOMS Digital Learning Guide
  • Click for Grades 1-5 Digital Learning Guide
  • Reminders regarding digital learning: 
    • Students are expected to check their course-respective Google Classrooms on a daily basis to receive updates and assignments from their teachers.
    • Students are strongly encouraged to make themselves available for and participate during the synchronous learning opportunities facilitated by their teachers via Google Hangouts.  New content is being delivered and these sessions will help students continue to make academic progress.
    • If students need extra help they can schedule an office hours appointment with their teachers. 
    • If an extenuating circumstance such as illness, family responsibilities, or work dynamics prevent participation in synchronous sessions, please email your teacher, counselor, and/or building administration.  
    • If you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out as follows:
    • The MO Success Academy resumes this week. Please click for more details.
    • The ASPIRE program resumes this week. Please click this link for more details.
  • Check out the #COVID19 edition of the MOTSD Education Update.
  • Click for an important update about AP Exam administrations.
  • Click for the April Guidance Newsletter
  • We are working very closely with Mayor Greenbaum, MO Township Administrator Tatarenko, and the MO Health Department to ensure our MOTSD families are as healthy and safe as possible. Contact the MO Department of Health COVID-19 hotline at (862) 419-4300 with any suspected cases. In an effort to respond to the many questions and concerns raised by our residents, the Township has established a COVID-19 email address  for general questions regarding the virus, Township preparation and response: COVID-19@mtolivetwp.org  
  • With the exception of MOMS, all MOTSD buildings, fields, and grounds are closed to all staff, students, and community members. 
  • All registered MOTSD students who qualify for free and/or reduced lunch can pick up boxed breakfasts and lunches Monday, Wednesday, and Friday this week at Mount Olive Middle School from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.